AVI (Club) Noida located in Sector – 29 is a famous land- mark which came into being in the year 1992 and follows its constitutional provisions in letter and spirit.
Constitution. ‘The Arun Vihar Institute (Club) is a Society for Retired and Serving Armed forces personnel, it shall function on ‘No profit – No Loss basis’.
As laid down by the Club constitution, the Club provides social and recreational facilities to its members.
The AVI (Club) has come up as one of the best Institute in Noida. From its very humble beginning, AVI (Club) has made a Niche for itself in the vibrant and ever expanding satellite, .township of Noida. It is presently one of the best Institutes in the city and can boast to compete with any good Club of Delhi, including the Gymkhana and the DSOI.
The Club presently has about 4000 members on its roll and is run by a Managing Committee comprising of a President, Vice President and Nine members, who are elected by Club members themselves annually. Gen Manager Administration selected by the Management Committee is responsible for the day-to-day running of the Club.
1. I am grateful to the esteemed members for having come out in such large number for AVI Elections. Number could have been much higher but for some technical issue. New Management will go into this and resolve the voting rights issue and try to restore status quo.
2. All previous Committees have made valuable contributions to make out AVI “SECOND TO NONE” Endeavor will be to take it still higher. Feedback from respected Members and guidance from our elders will be to the cornerstone for improvement.
3. We shall be concluding Fresh Catering Contract shortly. Spade work is being done. It will be ensured that members get “Value for Money” Quality which will be improved to the satisfaction of members.
4. We shall try to take the entertainment to a new height and explore local talent by organizing various competitions as such Cake baking, Fruits / Salad presentation, list is unending and stress will be only one, one word “IMPROVEMENT”
5. I shall continue to communicate with all Honorable Members to get their valuable ideas to instil a sense of belonging in the Respected Members.
Brig A K Mehdiratta